Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thanksgiving

Last year for Thanksgiving our house was full of guests.  I enjoyed every minute of it!  This year we have a smaller guest list, but it will be no less a pleasure for me.

This is my menu plan.  I have a new turkey deep frying device which is more an appliance.  It is used indoors.  I can't wait to try it out.  We'll be smoking the trout outdoors in the smoker of course.  And grilling sweet potatoes with a lime syrup.

Hairston Family Thanksgiving 2014
Cheese straws
Smoked trout with dill crackers and crème fraiche
Cranberry orange mold
Corn pudding
Sausage stuffed mushroom caps
Roasted mélange of root vegetables
Truffle shallot mashed potatoes with gravy
Grilled sweet potato wedges with lime and cayenne
Green bean casserole – with home-made fried onions
Deep fried turkey
Coconut cream pie – Williamsburg style
Homemade vanilla bean ice cream
Chocolate pots de crème
Pumpkin crème brulee
Assorted drinks



No comments: