Friday, September 14, 2012

Megan's Wedding Cake

My friend Susan's daughter Megan got married last weekend.  In lieu of a gift I made her a small wedding cake and 150 cupcakes for her reception guests.  They chose a heritage red velvet cake for the cupcakes and the bottom tier of the cake.  The top cake is cheesecake!  I haven't decorated cakes in a while, so I prototyped the week before and I was all "caked" out come Saturday afternoon.  My daughter stole about a dozen cupcakes and stopped eating her meals until I discovered all the empty wrappers under her bed.

This is the cake before transport to the church for final decoration with the topper.  I slightly modified and adapted Sprinklebakes Heritage Red Velvet recipe for the cupcakes and the two 12" red velvet cakes on the bottom of this wedding cake.  Thank you Heather Baird!

No comments: