Saturday, October 08, 2011

THE Mom Project



Mother's Birthday was in August. Not that it matters, we seem to throw random birthday parties in our family, but I tried to stick to the date for this one since it was her 65th. I based this project on a DIY Bride blog project in which a photo was decoupaged to a tile and displayed on a plate stand. It was beautiful! However, when you have as many children and grandchildren as my mother, you have to downsize the tiles and change plans a bit. The challenge for me was rounding up baby photos of everyone between the ages of 3 months and 3 years going back 45 years, scanning them, Photoshopping out all the errors, grayscaling, cropping, resizing them to fit the tiles and then doing the decoupage. In the end, I think it came out pretty nice. I used silicone tile glue to put navy felt on the back of each tile. I'm the really gorgeous baby up in the corner and my kid is the baby you can barely see up on top! I must have hit the mark. All of my siblings have been calling asking for their own tile set. Now at least I know what to do for Christmas gifts this year. Think anyone will let me off the hook for chocolates? NOT A CHANCE!

No comments: